Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 07:46:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@wireless.net>
To:        Y u r i <ure@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Kingston TurboChip 400 K6-II 400 Mhz. upgrade CPU?

Thanks for your response. If this was stricly a FreeBSD box, I'd agree
100% since BSD doesn't have a fit when you change hardware on it,
and wouldn't even have considered the Kingston TurboChip.

But since Winblows is a requirement on this box, and Winblows blows big
time when you change motherboard hardware on it, it would mean I'd have to
reinstall winblows from scratch.

Setting aside my strong dislike for Winblows, there is also the time
factor involved in reinstalling everything from scratch. It literaly took
me a full week (40+ hours) to get Winblows fully installed and mostly
working. Most of this time spent chasing an obscure Win98 related bug
which didn't let me run two IDE channels at the same time (and still
doesn't).

Bernie