Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:56:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        Mark Huizer <freebsd@xaa.iae.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ (empty pages) in NFS served file.

I see something similar to this when mounting a filesystem on -current
from a mid-july -stable using nfsv3.  As soon as you fall back to nfsv2
things start working again.  For example, mount a /usr/ports homed on a
2.2-stable system to a 3.0-current system and try building something big
(eg. XFree86) on the -current system in the mounted filesystem.  I'll have
to try with -current vs. -current.  Some of the -current NFS fixes may
have been merged into 2.2 prior to 2.2.8 but I'm not sure and I doubt it.

-Chris