Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:38:48 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Axel Scheepers <axel.scheepers@nl.clara.net>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ioctl call freebsd < 7.2 in jail

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Axel Scheepers wrote:

hi,

> "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> writes:
>
>> I think I remember the patch; I guess it was the "samba patch".  I can
>> extract it for you; not sure if it'll work easily w/o the other
>> infrastructure but I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> I can see no chance that it'll ever make it into 7.1 as an Errata
>> Notice though, so you would have to keep patching your system
>> yourself.
>

> Hi Bjoern,
>
> I know it won't make it as an errata, that's not a problem. I'm looking
> for a way to fix the problem without having to upgrade all our virtual
> hosts to 7.2. The machines in question run a mix of freebsd versions, if
> it's not to much trouble it's highly appreciated if you can send me some
> more information about the patch you mention. Is this the multi-ip jail
> patch you talked about in
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/2008-October/000488.html

well, I think that was the earlier workaround; the multi-IP jail
includes one of the patches that actually fix the problem; but the fix
for this case really just is a fraction of the change.

What I was thinking was this commit to head and the PR mentioned
there:
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=186948

Note that 7.1 or earlier won;t have the prison_check_ip4() function,
different byte order requirements etc (and not IPv6 support).
It's s pretty short thing but has to be "converted" correctly.

I might be able to do that later today.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb         It will not break if you know what you are doing.