Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2023 20:58:42 +0200
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Understanding blacklistd blocklists -- 'bad user' doesn't get blocked

Norman Gray <gray@nxg.name> wrote:

> I see that in January last year, 'tanis' noted the same thing in the =
forum [4], and remarked that a patched version of blacklistd.c, which =
incremented the wickedness count for such users, didn't cause any =
surprising problems.  Is there a case for having BL_BADUSER =
optionally/configurably increment the wickedness counter?

Yeah, that's something bothering me for a while now, and, raising hand, =
I wouldn't make it "optionally/configurably", I do opt for treating =
those break-in attempts to user accounts as blacklisting worth as those =
for administrator accounts!

Regards,
Michael=