Date:      Fri, 19 May 1995 20:16:34 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        kmitch@nando.net (kmitch)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940W??? (help)

>I just got a new pentium computer, with an Adaptec 2940W SCSI controller
>in it.  I recompiled the kernel for the PCI and ahc stuff, and all is
>recognized, but I keep getting timeouts from the SCSI device.  I tried
>adjusting the timing in SCSIselect, but no good.  Did I forget to do
>something??  or is this a problem in the driver??

Are you running current or an earlier release?  There are patches to
the driver that may solve your problem that are only availible in
current.  If you tell me a little bit more about the devices on the
bus, I might be able to say more about what you're seeing.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1