Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 19:29:43 -0400
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        obrien@antares.aero.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: So your site reconnects to the net automatically.  Then what?

    Mike> I'm talking about when you're at work, or offsite, or away,
    Mike> or just plain gone, and your computer redials automatically.
    Mike> Once it's reconnected, how in the world do you figure out
    Mike> what it's new IP address (or even name) is, so you can talk
    Mike> to it again from wherever you are?

Once my system's connected, it pops up an xmessage on my work system
with the IP address and hostname it got assigned.  I also have it send
email to my work address with the same info, in case my work X server
isn't open or is down.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Paste boogers on the windows in occult patterns.
-- One of 120 ways to annoy your roommate.