Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 12:20:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Lamb.net>
To:        ttam@mail.iidpwr.com (Tony Tam)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10BaseT distance

> Hackers,
>
>      Could anybody tell me what is the maximum distance between an
> 10BaseT adapter and the 10BaseT hub? Another question: Could anybody

Depending on the cable, normal is AWG24 I think, you can do 100 meters (330
feet) between card and hub. Maximum of 4 hubs in a segment. After this
you will need a router.

> tell me what is the maximum distance between an 100BaseT adapter and the
> 100BaseT hub?

Haven't done much Fastethernet, so can't say anything here.

> --
> Yours truly,
>
> Tony Tam
> Imperial Irrigation District
> P.O. BOX 937
> Imperial, CA 92251
> USA
>
> Tel: 619-339-9454
> FAX: 619-339-9189
>
> E-Mail: ttam@iidpwr.com

Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
Lamb Art Internet Services    ||  http://www.Lamb.net/