Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 11:15:26 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        langfod@dihelix.com, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mrouted blues

Bill Fenner

>[Any idea why your message had two different "From:" headers?]
>
>In message <199603150458.SAA02185@caliban.dihelix.com>you write:
>>As I said though, I am going over a PPP link. Since multicast
>>doesnt go over PPP I need a tunnel. If you can come up with
>>another solution I am all hears.
>
>We need more information -- what are the addresses on each end of the PPP
>line?  What subnets?
>
>Multicast goes over PPP just fine if you give the PPP line its own subnet, no
>tunnel needed.
>
>  Bill

In my case it is like:  1.2.3.10 is the PPP client and 1.2.3.1 is the PPP
server and the clients default route. 1.2.3.20 is the SGI box on the same
ethernet as the PPP server with multicast on that ethernet.

For various reasons I cannot at this time use a subnet. To tell the truth
I dont really want to either.

-David Langford
langfod@dihelix.com