Date:      Sat, 05 Apr 1997 15:06:08 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI freezes in 2.2-STABLE

>If it helps any these occured just before the last hang.

Actually, it helps quite a bit.  I just fixed one bug in the selection
timeout handler of the driver that will remove the "referenced scb not
valid..." message, but doesn't explain why you got a selection timeout in
the first place.  The second bit of interesting information here is that
even though we had been reselected (SELDI is true in SSTAT0), the driver
didn't see it since the current sequencer address shows we're still
looking for work to do.  I made a change to the sequencer that may affect
that problem since the poll for work loop was the only place in the driver
where we attempted to test for more than a single bit in that register at
a time.  Its a shot in the dark, but it may solve this problem.  Let me
know how these changes fair for you.  I don't know when the next CTM delta
will be generated though...

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations