Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:21:23 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Daylight savings time?

Kristian Kennaway wrote:

> > Just outta curiosity, does FBSD automagically adjust to daylight savings
> > times?  Or will I have to muck around in the bios?
>
> I was quite surprised when my system adjusted itself to the start of
> daylight savings here in Australia early Sunday morning - I would assume
> this was behaviour initiated by Freebsd, not the BIOS (which I havent
> told about my geographical location :-)
>
> Kris

To all those interested, and all those who (like me) happen to live in a
country where the rules for daylight saving time change every year, take
a look at /usr/src/share/zoneinfo. There you'll find the files (by
continents) that dictate the adjustments made for daylight saving time,
along with the rest of the time zone data.

Nadav