Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:14:06 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
Cc:        Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM not found with PIIX4 chipset, -current kernel

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:07:39 +0100, Ladavac Marino wrote:

>       How about this "brilliant" idea: put a logic analyzer on the IDE
> cable and measure the timings the prevailing OS family/BIOS uses?

My understanding from previous conversations is that the situation
you're often faced with is that you'll break support for one set of
drives by fixing support for another.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: It's not usually necessary to quote back the entire content of a
    message you reply to when you're replying less than 30 minutes after
    the original was posted. :)