Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:42:59 -0800
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        Robert Norgard <rnorgard@gci.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Parallel Port Control

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 11:32:49AM -0900, Robert Norgard wrote:
> Would anyone have suggestions on where to find information on
> taking control of the parallel port to manipulate the i/o
> lines directly?   I need to control some external hardware in
> real time.  The i/o lines would need to be strobed about 1500
> times/sec.  Any problem with this rate?
>
> Any suggestions?

 /usr/share/examples/ppi, for the first.

 That rate is probably not a problem, depending on what you do
in between.  The times I've run PLIP were much faster than that.

--
Dann Lunsford       The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
dann@greycat.com    is that men of good will do nothing.  --  Cicero