Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:19:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@speakeasy.org>
To:        cswiger@mac.com
Cc:        bob.middaugh@comcast.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP and DNS

I have a Belkin N1 wireless router with a mix of wireless and wired
machines.  2 wired FreeBSD machines, 1 wired Windows machine, 1
wireless FreeBSD machine, -current wpi driver in the works, and a
wireless windows machine.

The wired FreeBSD machines get leases with dhclient.  Looking at the
router with seamonkey, I can see the leases for all the machines.

Do I have to manually create/maintain /etc/hosts on each FreeBSD
machine to use names to access the other machines on the local
network?

Is there a tool to extract lease information from the router?

tomdean