Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:45:21 +0100
From:      Karl-Heinz Wild <kh.wild@barga.com>
To:        Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/151896: increasing kmem_size in loader.conf panic

Good morning Remko

I've done the migration from i386 to amd64.
I did the last time, but turing update from=20
7.n to 8.1 I got confused :)

All problems with zfs are gone. All works
like a charm.

Thank you for helping.

Have a nice day.

On 03.11.2010, at 09:44, Remko Lodder wrote:

>=20
>>=20
>> Hi Remko
>>=20
>> I thought I've done that before.
>> But I ran into problems when installing ports.
>> Do I have add some setting before compiling into make.conf
>> to prevent the architecture or the cpu?
>>=20
>> Thank you
>>=20
>> Karl-Heinz
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
>=20
> Dear Karl,
>=20
> If you take the 'less gentle' approach (and thus overwrite the =
base-system with 64bit binaries) you need
> to rebuild your ports. As far as I am aware, there are no special =
things that should be considered in
> doing so. I dont have any special flags on my native 64bit instance(, =
I did not overwrite it or anything!).
>=20
> Can you please share what kind of problems you were facing? There =
might be ports that only work on
> i386 instead of amd64, but even then there are 32bit compat libraries =
that should aid in running them
> nevertheless (though not natively).
>=20
> Thanks
> Remko
>=20
> --=20
> /"\   Best regards,                        | remko@FreeBSD.org
> \ /   Remko Lodder                      |
> X    http://www.evilcoder.org/    | Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
> / \   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Against HTML Mail and News
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen

---
Karl-Heinz Wild
kh.wild@barga.com

barga.com - technische Dienstleistungen GmbH
A-6805 Feldkirch
Leusbuendtweg 49a

tel: +43 676 4355 136