Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:29:50 -0400
From:      Steve Polyack <korvus@comcast.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Aur=E9lien_Bras?= <aurelien.bras@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: support of dell r710 hardware

  On 10/13/10 12:37, Aurélien Bras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy a Dell r710 with this controller : SAS6iR/PERC H200
>
> Any feedback about support with freebsd 8.1 ?

There is no support for the PERC H200.  I believe Scott Long was working
on a driver for it, but I do not believe it is ready yet.  You are much
better off spending the extra hundred dollars or so to get the PERC6/i.
They are well supported in FreeBSD with the mfi(4) driver and mfiutil(8)
management utilities.

-Steve Polyack