Date:      Fri, 24 May 2024 14:55:27 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Matteo Riondato <matteo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dimitry Andric <dim@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: build of main broken? (ld: error: version script assignment of 'FBSD_1.0' to symbol 'xdr_...' failed: symbol not defined)

On Fri, 24 May 2024 at 11:28, Matteo Riondato <matteo@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > In lib/libc/rpc/Symbol.map there is:
> >
> >        /* From yp_xdr.c (generated by rpcgen - include/rpcsvc/yp.x) */
> >        xdr_domainname;
> >        xdr_keydat;
> >
> > so maybe the rpcgen step went wrong somehow? Do you have WITHOUT_NIS enabled?
>
> Yes, I do have WITHOUT_NIS=y in src.conf

peterj reported this in PR279270 as well and I've opened a review in
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D45347 to move these symbols to
lib/libc/yp/Symbol.map. Can you give that a try?

I originally proposed augmenting Version.map generation to pass CFLAGS
to CPP in D45346 and adding #ifdef YP in D45345, before finding Peter
PR and discovering that lib/libc/yp/Symbol.map already exists.