Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:15:21 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Klaus =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCchemann?= <maciphone2@googlemail.com>
Cc:        Klaus =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCchemann?= via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Josh Howard <bsd@zeppelin.net>
Subject:   Re: State of ROCKPro64?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 05:22:47 +0200
Klaus K=FCchemann via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org> wrote:

>=20
> > Am 10.06.2020 um 02:55 schrieb Josh Howard <bsd@zeppelin.net>:
> >=20
> > - Do you need to use the instructions on
> >  https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm64/ROCKPro64 if you're using the latest
> >  ROCKPRO64 snapshots?=20
> no, ancient stuff from March where we didn?t have a ROCKPRO64 snapshot,
> `will remove/renew that from Wiki later..
>=20
> > - Does HDMI work? I don't have a working UART/USB adapter at the moment,
> >  so I can see no output, but not sure if that's expected.
>=20
> probably expected(I didn?t test the latest snap yet ...too many other thi=
ngs)
> should be generally  fixed in u-boot 2020.07(could be patched in sysutils=
/u-bootxxx, but I don`t know the details at the moment)

 No this wasn't expected and there is no problem with u-boot in ports.
 I know that you're trying to help but please stop spreading false
information, if you don't know, don't assume what the problem could be,
just ask more info.

> If you don?t have an UART-adapter but another SOC available, you can try =
to connect=20
> Soc to Soc.. but normally you should order such an adapter ?=20
> very rare with these boards that everything works out of the box forever =
:-)
> But RockPro64 works since many months with FreeBSD, so don?t worry..

--=20
Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> <manu@freebsd.org>