Date:      Sat, 8 May 2010 23:18:12 -0400
From:      Ansar Mohammed <ansarm@gmail.com>
To:        Bobby Walker <bobbyjwalker@live.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File system

Hello Bobby,

The VM is in my lab environemnt. I have many flavours of Windows, Linux and
FreeBSD. FreeBSD is my firewall running PF.

I have rebooted my entire environment hundreds of times, and non of my
Windows or Linux VMs will complain or boot into a repair/single user mode.

The background to this problem is because the FreeBSD root filesystem (UFS)
is not journaled and for some reason I cannot set my root partition to be
UFS+SoftUpdates.

At any rate, we are in the year 2010, most modern operating systems and
databases and able to survive an unclean shutdown without booting into
single user mode and file system/data corruption.

I love FreeBSD, and have been a user since 2.x but its a bit frustrating
that whenever power fails I have to do this..