Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:30:29 -0800
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Stupid questions on installing
References:  <CA%2BWntOu16qqdiZNrWrtdHCkx8s%2BDGw=n_PT7kKYGnibVv%2Bp8UA@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOunumxMiBRs6RZcj4R1NJSN-rCB8fq1idnB0JR0oLVp%2BQ@mail.gmail.com> <50F66C64.9090008@gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOuk%2ByVL3V5xadiw2q1RA091pfNEZ-VBDAjq5FG1aw7JKA@mail.gmail.com> <50F6E642.5070100@gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOvf0Zn0g63Twz%2Bji-6fNS3QKmH-PJUOqv-7owoTU8YUSA@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOuZQu_ohB%2BG%2Bu32xQMgy8t3Pru4v=FM7OVkccaJU01qfg@mail.gmail.com>

On 01/16/13 16:52, Super Bisquit wrote:
> Everything is done at home and then I get a few miles walk to connect
> to the internet.
> Ok: Do I need to reset with ctrl+opt+p+r?
>
> Thanks for the help and patience.
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com> wrote:

Cmd-Opt P R will reset all of OF to as clean as it can get, so it can't
hurt.

Rebooting is usually all that is necessary usually if loader (or any
other OF program) aborts but leaves OF in a messed up state. Supposedly
the "right" incorrect value for load-base can permanently fry OF, that
may be model specific though or a rumor.

I think some powerbooks had a bug where recent OF changes were not
persistent until reset-all (which actually just reboots...) was issued,
unfortunately I can't remember where I heard that or which models. It
may have been an iBook thing.

Also, I'm not sure how bad your screen is, but if you reseat the LVDS
cable and the screen is still black it may be the inverter. If it's just
the inverter, you're still in luck, look at the screen with a bright
flashlight. You may be able to make out the text. I did see a few panels
outright fail on these, but a lot more times the inverter or backlight
would fail.

Matt