Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2017 09:26:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Procmail got updated!

>> Can certainly sympathize depending on the threat model, but how is that
>> any different from Equifax' not having time to patch Struts or not
>> having time to change the oil in your car or to brush your teeth ...
>
> That's a non-sequitur if I understand the response correctly.  Procmail IS
> patched and I assume applied.  So yes mom, teeth are brushed.

Correct from a 'known risk only' perspective but isn't code that is a)
largely unauditable and b) hasn't been maintained for a long time
considered vulnerable regardless of published vulnerabilities?

Perhaps not unlike brushing your teeth only when the dentist finds a
cavity, it doesn't fundamentally change the risk model.

Roger