Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2011 20:28:01 -0400
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        Johannes <adhocrocker@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Sami Halabi <sodynet1@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Intel NIC stops working

On Aug 17, 2011, at 04:06 , Johannes wrote:

> Hi Sami,
>=20
> thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, down/up the interface does not
> resolve the problem.
> I have to reboot my server in order to use the nic again.
>=20

Crazy suggestion.  Check the memory on your server using memtest or the =
like.
Those stats you quoted just look very wrong to me, since they numbers =
are huge
for broadcast and multicast.  I think something in memory is trashed.  =
Now,
it may be a bug in the driver or somewhere else, but check your memory =
first.

Best,
George