Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2012 01:27:06 +0100
From:      "tom@diogunix.com" <tom@diogunix.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: databases/mysql-workbench52

On Monday 23 January 2012 17:08:44 you wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2012 15:31, "tom@diogunix.com" <tom@diogunix.com> wrote:
> > > Hm, well the page at [1] claims that 5+ should be supported, and it's
> > > from the 5.5 docs.
> > >
> > > I would try asking the mailing list at
> > > http://lists.mysql.com/internals .
> >
> > Did so, awaiting reply there.

Ok, disappoingly, I did not get any reply on
http://lists.mysql.com/internals

As a "solution" (regarding practical terms) I just deinstalled the MySQL
ports coming with KDE and instead installed MySQL 5.1.

Then, the Workbench 5.2 port compiled without any issues.
So far, the Makefile of the Workbench52 port was correct.

Of course, some parts of KDE will not work now :-(

As doesn't appear to be too easy to make the Workbench Port work with mySQL
5.5 I'll propose the KDE folks to ask for a decision on whether to build the
KDE parts in question with MySQL 5.5 OR with MySQL 5.1.

This at least should give us the option to work with KDE (including Akonadi
/ KDE PIM) AND with Workbench as long as Workbench won't work with 5.5  -
better than nothing ...

Tom