Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2017 16:35:41 +0000
From:      Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Configuring Drupal8 fails

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 09:32:54 -0500, Stephen R Guglielmo stated:

>Set date.timezone in your PHP.ini file (/usr/local/etc/php.ini, if I recal=
>correctly).

That was the problem; however, by default, php56 does not create a "php.ini=
"
file. It does; however, install both a "php.ini-development" and a
"php.ini-production" file. "php56", if configured to build a "CLI" version,
looks first for a "php-cli.ini" file and then a "php.ini" file, neither of
which are installed by default. After doing some Googling, I discovered the
problem and corrected it.

I don't know why there is no package message regarding this fact, or why th=
ese
two identical files, except for name, are installed. Why not just one and
instruct the end user to rename it to the appropriate name, either
"php-cli.ini" or "php.ini". Telling them to enter the "date.timezone" info
would be a plus. Perhaps, I should contact "ale@FreeBSD.org" and ask his
opinion on this.

In any case, I also discovered that Apache24 must be restarted for these
changes to take effect.

--=20
Carmel