Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:33:25 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: i386 panic

--=-w75aOVBp10UXcUL1bKKe

On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 21:36 -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/10_i386_vmfault.txt
> >=20
> > I can never tell if stuff like this is because I'm not nerfing the
> > system RAM correctly or if this is i386 bit-rot. =20
> >=20
> > I set hw.physmem=3D"2g" in loader.conf to try and get the system to boo=
t,
> > but I don't think I did it right?
> >=20
>=20
> That shouldn't happen.  Maybe you've run out of kmem?  It's limited to on=
ly
> like 400MB on i386.  Or maybe you've blown out a data structure with all
> of those CPUs.
>=20
> Scott
>=20
>=20

Since we can still do this on stable/7 (gross), I kind of think this is
a low priority regression.  Not even sure where to look, nor do I really
want to.  :-)

If someone has a clueby4 to thwack me around with, I'd appreciate it.

Sean

p.s. We won't be caring about this for much longer I fear over at
$DAYJOB, so if someone wants to address this I can test it for a few
more months.  After that, we won't care about it too much.

--=-w75aOVBp10UXcUL1bKKe

--=-w75aOVBp10UXcUL1bKKe--