Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:16:10 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Pratik Singhal <ps06756@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mmc/sd driver testing.

> On Apr 12, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Pratik Singhal <ps06756@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> I am testing the patch for mmc/sd driver for Allwinner A10 (written by
> Alexander Fedorov) (as a part of my GSOC project along with my mentor =
) on
> my Cubieboard 1 with freebsd 11.0 current.
>=20
> Currently, it seems to be working fine.
>=20
> I have tested its read functionality using dd command with various =
block
> sizes and I seem to be getting speeds upto 2 MB/second.
>=20
> I have also tried to create a fat16 partition on sd card and wrote =
some
> files on to it successfully.
>=20
> What more tests should I perform to check the reliability and =
functionality
> of the driver ?

* Boot from SD.

* Try with different SD cards, preferably from different manufacturers; =
different cards have slightly different timing requirements.

* Checkout FreeBSD source and =E2=80=9Ccd /usr/src; make -j 4 =
buildworld=E2=80=9D
  This is about the closest FreeBSD has to a stress-test of the entire =
system.  In particular, a parallel build (-j 4) will end up with =
multiple programs reading and writing to the SD simultaneously.  =
(Warning: On my BeagleBones, this takes about two full days to =
complete.)