Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:33:15 +1100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Posting Style

--yhze8HlyfmXt1APY

On Sunday,  6 November 2022 at 17:13:53 -0500, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 4:59 PM paul beard <paulbeard@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bottom, always, since dawn of email, for many reasons.
>>
>> <http://www.paulbeard.org/>;
>
> Give it a rest.  This post etiquette nonsense is so 1980s.

You might like to read the rest of
https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/freebsd-questions/
which also includes:

  If you find you can not answer without being rude, do not answer.

I also don't understand what you're trying to say.  Maybe we should
update the "how to" document to say something like:

  Make sure that people can understand your reply.

In this case, I can't decide whether you're agreeing with the document
or disagreeing with it.

Greg
Sent from my desktop computer.
reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php