Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2020 09:07:33 +0100
From:      Joachim Moskalewski <moskalewski@jmos.net>
To:        Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        office@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [LibreOffice] Build fails on up to date FreeBSD 12.1

Hi :)

> > Today I received the quarterly package update for my FreeBSD 12.1.
> > Until now, after such an update, I manually updated LibreOffice via
> > ports to bypass the dependency on MySQL of the finished package: I
> > need MariaDB instead. =20
>=20
> A quick question here: you're using binary package from the quarterly
> branch, and what's the ports branch you're using?

=E2=80=A6 the ports have a branch? I thought after a "portsnap fetch update=
" it
is the same on any FreeBSD machine=E2=80=A6 So updating both (ports and
packages) and a (nearly) empty result on "pkg version -vl '<'" (means
"your packages are up to date, there's nothing newer in the ports")
after the quarterly package update should ensure that the ports match
the package versions.

Anyway, I've set up a virtual FreeBSD via bhyve and compiled
*everything" out of the source - and got my special LibreOffice version
without MySQL dependency. So the problem was surely something like "not
matching version of installed binary packages and ports".

I've often read "don't mix ports and packages", but so far that wasn't
really a problem to me. That was one seldom case I couldn't easily fix
by myself - but I fixed it ;)

Thanks for Your reply & much more thanks for Your work on FreeBSD!

Ciao,
:) Jo

--=20
Joachim Moskalewski