Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2023 06:54:36 +0900
From:      Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
To:        Gleb Popov <arrowd@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Subject:   Re: www/chromium build failing

Hello.

Gleb Popov wrote on 2023/10/02 14:52:
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 6:30 AM Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz> wrote:
>> I recently update my ports-collection (past "www/chromium: Fix patches
>> which became outdated and broke the build"), and I'm seeing the
>> following failure, just before the end:
>>
>> ../../chrome/browser/component_updater/widevine_cdm_component_installer.cc:370:8:
>> error: use of undeclared identifier 'UpdateWidevineCdmHintFile'
>>    if (!UpdateWidevineCdmHintFile(absolute_cdm_install_dir)) {
>>         ^
>> 1 error generated.
>
> Yes, this is my fault, sorry. I'll fix it ASAP.

Thank you for fixing it.
And additional information for those who are building with the port tree before the fix.

This error probably occurs just before the build progress reaches 100% :)
Therefore, it is recommended to apply the patch directly after updating the port tree without make clean.
Roughly the following?

cp -p ${WRKSRC}/chrome/browser/component_updater/widevine_cdm_component_installer.cc{.orig,}
patch -d ${WRKSRC} -p 0 < /usr/ports/www/chromium/files/patch-chrome_browser_component__updater_widevine__cdm__component__installer.cc
make -C /usr/ports/www/chromium/ build # building restarted

I hope this will save a considerable amount of time :)
Regards.