Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2016 23:40:19 -0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9rgio?= de Almeida Lenzi <nervoso@k1.com.br>
To:        Jonathan Moore <jdm7dv@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No Sound and Fast You Tube

Em Sáb, 2016-04-16 às 18:54 -0400, Jonathan Moore escreveu:
> Hi
>
> I'm having trouble with my sound nothing plays on You Tube but when I
> turn
> up the volume
> I hear static. I found this in the forums
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/53712/ .
>
> Plus You Tube video plays fast and I really don't want to install
> flash.
> I'm
> using Firefox.Running FreeBSD 10.3 RELEASE.

Mine works..   I use 10.3 STABLE  and it works....
You can test if you want my "port" of firefox
Just create a file in the /etc/pkg directory named  xxxxx.conf
with
===============cut==============
DIST64: {
  url: http://dist64.k1.com.br/${ABI},
  enabled: yes
}
move the FreeBSD.conf to /root
and then pkg install -y firefox
BE SHURE to HAVE A BACKUP or make a zfs znapshot first.
as this firefox works with the MATE desktop so will pull gnome2 stuff
If you want to use the FULL desktop just... pkg install -y mate
for office, use pkg install -y libreoffice..
it will install about 1GB from Internet and will use GDM as  the
display manager...
Just WORKS...