Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:03:00 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Kai Zhang <kaizhang_urstruly@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does we have a source browser on freebsd system? Thanks n/t

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:50:16PM -0700, Kai Zhang wrote:
> Does CVSWeb provide the feature for me to easily locate a symbol definition,
> references, call/caller graph etc like we have in Developer Studio on
> Windows?

Try http://minnie.tuhs.org/FreeBSD-srctree/FreeBSD.html which sounds
like at least part of what you want.  It only covers the kernel
though.

Otherwise, there's the standard profiling tools supplied with the
system, such as gprof(1) --- if you don't have a FreeBSD system the
man page can be viewed at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=gprof&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.6-stable&format=html

See also the Developer's Handbook which has a great deal of
documentation about various parts of the kernel:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/index.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK