Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 21:43:10 -0400
From:      Marcia Barrett Nice <mimerki@myrealbox.com>
To:        "Ryan Sutton" <ryancsutton@hotmail.com>, "Free BSD" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why won't Xconfig see my mouse?

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 07:03 pm, Ryan Sutton wrote Why won't Xconfig see my
mouse?:
| Hello! I just installed 2.2.5 and I'm trying to setup my mouse in X86
| config, Its a MS 2 button serial mouse. I have the appropiate port selected
| yet when I try and apply the mouse dev the cursor will not move ;( What can
| I do to fix this?

1) Have you actually just installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 and if so why?  (The most
recent release of FreeBSD being 4.5.)

2) Have you started the moused daemon?  Check 2.9.10 Mouse Settings of the
Handbook for how to do that.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-post.html

Marci

--
So why, pray, sign anything as long as every word, letter, penstroke,
paperspace is a perfect signature of its own?