Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:25:38 +1100 (EST)
From:      proff@suburbia.net
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        moncrg@dominus.ma.ultranet.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C++ Code in Kernel

> In message <01BC3BA3.6FFD23A0@dominus.ultranet.com> "Gregory D. Moncreaff" writes:
> : maybe its just that I'm taking a c++ class now, but I'm
> : cusious as to the pro's and con's on writing kernel source
> : in c++.  I haven't seen nor heard on this happening on FreeBSD
> : [but then my travels haven't been that wide]

The c++ shine tends to off pretty quickly unless you have a
object-oriented system that absolutely demands it (i.e GUI's).
Predictable behavior in the kernel is not something you want to
give up quickly.  C++ is a porridge of a language and breaks the
golden rule of cooking and language design; throwing everything
that tastes nice into a pot, yields something that does not
taste nice at all.

Cheers,
Julian.