Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:22:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      De la Cruz Lugo Eric <eric@iteso.mx>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Swap Space Philosophy

Martin:

maybe in this case the swap should be at least 1 GB, all this in order (in some
cases) to allow a core dump of the memory to disk.

of course this is JUST in some cases and only if you really want to know what
happened after a system crash (very unlikelly).

in this special case I suggest a swap partition of at least 512 MB (just in
case).

otherwise you can change your swap size later when you get a new drive (say 20
or 30 GB).

have a nice day!

Eric De La Cruz Lugo.
Mérida, Yucatán, México the Maya-Land.