Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:54:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Julian.Chesterfield@cl.cam.ac.uk
Cc:        jandrese@mitre.org, kirill@solaris.ru, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sierra Wireless Aircard 750 GSM/GPRS

In message: <E184MjH-0003gP-00@wisbech.cl.cam.ac.uk>
            Julian Chesterfield <Julian.Chesterfield@cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:
: Since my last posting I have made some progress with this card under Linux.
: Under the guidance of the Sierra folks the card works with the standard serial
: driver using the cis flag. This points to a separate binary file that
: overrides the card probe and explicitly tells the machine what the card CIS
: info is. Any suggestions on how to do this under freebsd? Alternatively, any
: suggestions on how to extract the relevant info from the cis file to make the
: freebsd driver work. Here's the output from 'cardctl config' under linux:
:
: Socket 1:
:   Vcc 5.0V  Vpp1 0.0V  Vpp2 0.0V
:   interface type is "memory and I/O"
:   irq 3 [exclusive] [level]
:   speaker output is enabled
:   function 0:
:     config base 0x0700
:       option 0x61 status 0x08 ext 0x00
:     io 0x02f8-0x02ff [8bit]

Right now there's no mechanism to do this easily.  With OLDCARD,
there's no way.  With NEWCARD there's a hint mechanism for the CIS,
but I've not used it in a long time.  Look at
src/sys/dev/pccard/pccard.c

We really need to have something like this.

Warner