Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 08:09:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports and Packages Mixture

pkg_add will obtain and install dependencies if they
are present.  Consider trying this:
1.  ftp to
ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/packages/All
and obtain a listing of package names.
2.  execute 'pkg_add <ftp address of package>'  (make
sure you include the full package name in the address)

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould