Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 19:37:42 +0100
From:      jmdupx@yahoo.com
To:        "Ron Smith" <ronnetron@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installation CD

 .... how did  i miss this -  layout.txt  seems to have the answer

<<
If you want to do a CDROM, FTP or NFS installation from this
distribution directory, all you need to do is make a pair of 1.44MB
floppies

so a part-burned CD looks like it is an option for some kind of basic
install, as long as I burn using ISO

thanks,
Mark