Date:      04 Jan 2003 21:07:52 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: More on the ports freeze/impending thaw

--=-1mlot0T/YrzZi9AZLf1J

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 02:22, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> Sounds good.
>=20
> Anyway, Gaim 0.60.0 CVS version is pretty stable right now, so is it good=
=20
> idea for me to create gaim-devel or something in the ports? Or, I just tr=
y=20
> to write (first time) ports and give it to you to add it in your CVS serv=
er?=20
> It's using GTK2 as well.

They really haven't released a snapshot of the source.  I know they do
nightly snapshots from CVS, but I was hoping to have a more static
target to track.  I do plan on importing gaim-0.60, but I'd prefer to
wait until they make some kind of release.

>=20
> Maybe, I can try to poke Phoenix to get compile with gtk2 too, just need =
to=20
> tweak the Makefile and files in the "files" directory. I am not sure yet,=
 I=20
> need to take the look at it.

It may be ready to go now.  Phoenix-0.5 is based on Mozilla 1.3a.  I
think 1.3a has all the necessary GTK-2 patches integrated.  If so, it
should just be a matter of specifying the --enable-default-toolkit=3Dgtk2
configure argument (and taking care of the dependencies).  I'm starting
to work on the Mozilla 1.3a port now, so I'll know in a while if this is
the case.

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,
> Mezz
>=20
>=20
> >As some of you may have seen, the ports tree is scheduled to partially
> >thaw on 1/1.  Since there are bound to be questions about what GNOME
> >bits will or will not be committed, here's the deal.
> >
> >What's not going to be committed:
> >
> >* Any port that is explicitly or implicitly required by x11/gnome2 or
> >x11/gnome2-fifth-toe
> >* Evolution and friends since Evo 1.2.1 requires an update to gal which
> >requires an update to bsd.gnomeng.mk.
> >* mozilla* since we're still trying to work out some bugs on Alpha
> >
> >What will be committed from my freeze archive:
> >
> >* bonobo.diff
> >* gaim.diff
> >* gnome-icon-theme.diff
> >* gnome-themes.diff
> >* gnomepilot.diff
> >* gnomepim.diff
> >* gnumeric.diff
> >* gtk--2.diff
> >* libsigc++12.diff
> >* mono.diff (though this may make 5.0-RELEASE after all)
> >* netatalk.diff
> >* sodipodi.diff
> >* startup-notification.diff
> >* vte.diff
> >
> >Everything else will go in after 5.0 is released.  Thanks.
> >
> >Joe
> >
> >--
> >Joe Marcus Clarke
> >FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org
> >http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome
> >

> ><< signature.asc >>
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
--=20

--=-1mlot0T/YrzZi9AZLf1J

--=-1mlot0T/YrzZi9AZLf1J--