Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:36:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        Troy Settle <troy@psknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: LoadModule not adding to list.

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Troy Settle wrote:

> I'm speculating here, but I got caught by a shortcoming in apxs a while
> back.
>
> After building apache-modssl, the default config had an <IfDefine SSL> tag
> surrounding the directives to load and add the ssl module.  Later, while
> building php and modperl, I noticed that apxs stuck those directives into
> the conditional created for SSL.  Very odd.
>
> Anyways, cleaning this up fixed it, but a SIGHUP didn't get those modules
> loaded and working.  I had to completely stop/restart Apache.

Troy,

I never did get this one to work.  I finally did the rebuild as I stated in
the "apache-ssl-php4-fp solution" thread.  Stoping the server completely
did not work either.  It should have been pretty straight
forward.  LoadModule, ClearModuleList, AddModule, but always the same
error.  Can't clear because the module was not in the list.  If it was not
in the list, how was apache aware that it should clear it? ;/

Any way, thanks for the kind words.  I am fortunate enough to have a
server that I can test things before trying it on one of my productions
machines.  It is an old 486DX66 that I affectionately call Genesis.  It
stands at the gate, serves files, runs crons and uploads the results to my
other servers, keeps time, and never complains.  Even though it is on a
56k dial up, it sends its current IP up to one of my remotes so I can
check in when out of town.  I really would hate to replace it.

Jim