Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 09:30:14 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Eric Rosenberry <eric@rosenberry.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys Wireless Card Update

On Thursday, 24 May 2001 at 21:42:06 -0700, Eric Rosenberry wrote:
> It has been suggested to me that the wi driver should support prism2 cards
> (which is what I believe the linksys card uses).  I added the appropriate
> lines to /etc/pccard.conf and was able to get my machine to load the wi
> driver and ifconfig to show an interface for it, but when I run wicontrol it
> returns an error (SIOCGWAVELAN : Invalid argument) and if I try to give the
> interface an IP address I get tx buffer allocation failed and mgmt buffer
> allocation failed.
>
> Any ideas on where to proceed from here?

Well, you could give some details.  Which card is this exactly?  Which
version of the system are you using?  Any output in /var/log/messages?
What does ifconfig tell you?  pccardc dumpcis?

> Who maintains the wi driver anyway?

I think you'll find the hat on Warner Losh's head at the moment.  Note
that he sent a message out yesterday saying that they appear to work,
so this may be pilot error.

Greg