Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:30:14 -0500
From:      Bob Martin <bob@buckhorn.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bind

Doron Shmaryahu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running a master and slave server. Until yesterday all has been running
> like a absolute dream. Now when I do a reload on the slave server is does
> not do a zone transfer anymore. I can see it creating the temp file but no
> data goes in and eventually stops trying. I am running FreeBSD 3.3 and bind
> 8.1.2. I have already tried upgrading to 8.2.2 but it does not help. I can
> manually transfer the zone by using named-xfer.
>
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Doron Shmaryahu

There are several things that could cause this. Enable logging on both
the slave and the master, and then issue ndc reloads to both. The answer
should be in you log files.

Bob Martin
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.