Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 14:20:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Strange kernel printf...

> I got strange printf on each kernel reboot, it comes to console
> and log both.
> Here piece of dmesg output:
>
> [skipped]
> bpf: ed0 attached
> sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
> sio0: type 16450
> sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
> sio1: type 16450
> pca0
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!! Watch this !!!!!!!
> pca0: PC speaker audio driver
> fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
> fdc0: NEC 765
> fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in
> fd1: 1.2MB 5.25in
> [skipped]
>
> I examine pcaudio.c and don't find any additional printf there
> except "pca0: PC speaker audio driver".
> Wrom where this magic "pca0" can come?
> Any ideas?
> Does anybody see it too?

I beleive this is coming from some bad logic in isa.c that has gone
through several changes in attempts to get it to print ``on isa''
for certain devices that use funny I/O addresses.

It now under certain conditins prints nothing :-(., but atleast the
newline is there :-) :-).

I've been meaning to get in there and fix it, but if you would, please
do.