Date:      16 Sep 2001 08:23:43 -0700
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>
Cc:        <rene@xs4all.nl>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: choosing the perfect windowmanager?

"Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org> writes:

> Basically, I like running blackbox all by itself with no desktop environment
> at all.  That aside, I've always preferred KDE 1.x as a desktop environment
> for one simple reason... the taskbar at the top... they've killed it in 2.x
> and I still haven't forgiven them.  I seem to be the only person in the world
> that feels that way though.  :-)

IIRC, I read several months ago that the Task Bar was back, or more
likely, available as an add-on.

BTW, I like to keep the full vertical space of my monitor available to
XEmacs to maximize lines of text, and find fvwm2's FvwmWinList is a good
kind of task bark over on the right edge below a three-pane FvwmButtons
(with clock,date,xload,xosview(with 4 subpanes without labels, etc)).
I've a small monitor so squeeze it all (and 4-page screen pager) into
right one-inch.