Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:03:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Arcnum Mage <arcanmun@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hi, please format your mail in text not html.  Just go to your preferences
and tell it to send text.  Otherwise we get this garbage:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Arcnum Mage wrote:

> I got a couple of questions for you. First I was looking in the FAQ and
> couldn't find anyhting about the use of a PCI win-modem under freeBSD.
> So will a win-modem work?

	Nope, they're called win-modems for a reason.  They have
proprietary drivers that so far only work with windows.  Some have been
written for Linux, but I've never heard of anybody getting one of those
"linmodem" drivers to work with FreeBSD.
	Best bet is to sell the winmodem on ebay and get high speed access
ISDN/cable/DSL if it is available in your area.  Once you get it, you'll
never go back to a modem.  If you can't do that, get either an external
modem or an ISA internal modem with jumpers (almost all of which are
real modems and will work with FreeBSD).

> And second will freeBSD work with my BootMagic
> program and let me choose wether i want to boot into Windows or freeBSD?
> Thanks for your help.

	I don't know about BootMagic, but the FreeBSD bootloader will
allow you to boot into windows or FreeBSD. Hope that helped,

						Tim