Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 00:52:10 -0600
From:      "Katie Lebbin" <katelebbin@home.com>
To:        <Uri.Shenderovich@lightscapenet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD 4.1 and BootManager

Hello Uri,
I experienced a similar problem during my first installation of FreeBSD 4.0.
When presented with the Boot Management screen I highlighted the "no
bootmanager" option and could have sworn that I toggled it with the space
bar.
This is the part where I obviously screwed up, because what really happened
is
I just hit "Enter".  And so, when I rebooted after installation I was indeed
using
the MBR.  I had to reinstall and this time I was very careful about making
sure that
the * was toggled at "no boot manager".  After that everything was fine.  I
don't know
if that is what happened to you, because for all I know there may well be a
bug in the
4.1 release.  However, it is very easy to make a mistake the first time you
attempt a
FreeBSD installation.  Hope this helps!

--Katie Lebbin