Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 00:50:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        John Beukema <john@gateway.net.hk>
Cc:        Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org, Bruce Bauman <boot@itchy.mosquito.com>
Subject:   Re: mail question...

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, John Beukema wrote:

> Have them put a FreeBSD box on the network with user accounts, run POP3
> on it and then set up mail via uucp to the user accounts.  Users can pick
> it up using Eudora or netscape etc over the LAN.
> jbeukema
>
> On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Bruce Bauman wrote:
>
> > We have a customer who has a Novell network, and their users want to receive
> > Internet mail from us. This customer won't have a static IP address. They just
> > want to dial in and fetch mail from us, similar to the way our normal dialup
> > customers do (e.g. using POP).
> > -- Bruce

Somewhat of a good idea, BUT, if they don't even have a tcp/ip stack,
forget it. One other option is to use a cc:mail gateway on the FreeBSD
machine, and have mail forwarded to the cc:mail router on the Novell
Network, and vice versa.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================= http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==