Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 07:06:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        steve@server.gslink.com (Steve Schwartz)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question :)

(Moved to -questions where it belongs.  NB: i'm not on this list.)

As Steve Schwartz wrote:

> ok, great.  When I get boot.flp image, and type 'rawerite boot.flp a:' it
> writes to the disk for about 3 min..then when I boot up with it, my
> computer just sits there, and does nothing.  Umm, am I missing something?
> I'm going to try and download it again.

Are you sure you've been using ``type binary'' when ftping?

Is your floppy 100 % error free?  (Don't trust anyone, reformat, and
have a look whether the DOS format program tells'ya something about
bad sectors.)  There's no sort of bad sector remapping on the boot
floppy, all the first 2400 sectors must be ok (the remaining 480
sectors of a 3.5in floppy are unused).

If the answers are `yes', where exactly does it sit?  Do you see the
``Boot:'' prompt, parts of the ``twiddle'', what else?

--
cheers, J"org