Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 21:15:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        dbaker@concorde-mail.neosoft.com (Daniel Baker)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, smace@neosoft.com
Subject:   Re: Colorado 250 Jumbo Tape Drive

As Daniel Baker wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 2.0-950322SNAP and I have a Colorado 250 Jumbo tape
> drive, which I can't get the kernel to probe it.

This happens to be the FAQ of the week. :)

Try booting with `-c' (from the Boot: prompt), and set

flags fdc0 1

If this works for you, then you could reconfigure and rebuild a new
kernel (see the FAQ for how to do this), with the ``flags 1'' added to
the fdc0 line.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/