Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 1996 21:53:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        Barnacle Wes <wes@intele.net>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: . in mail messages

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, Brian Tao wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Barnacle Wes wrote:
> >
> > Or maybe it didn't.  Because . !ON A LINE BYE ITSELF! typically denotes
> > 'end of message' to mail transport agents, most mail user agents will
> > never send out this sequence.
>
>     Don't most MTA's have a switch that ignores that?  I know sendmail
> does (-i).

	i dont know about most.   i have used various incarnations of
sendmail but not mmdf, smail or the others, sorry

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG