Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 1996 14:02:58 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some RAID numbers.

>Adjile RAID box, 5 Fuji 4GB disks, RAID 5, verify off (on cache), 8MB cache.
>
>P5120, 64MB RAM, FBSD 2.1 stable (supped 1/21), Adapter 2940UW, tag enabled.

How many tags?  The default is only two unless you play around with the
stuff around QUEUE_FULL_SUPPORTED in i386/scsi/aic7xxx.c

<Benchmarks deleted>

These numbers seem rather low.  What is the performance of the individual
fujitsu drives.  Running bonnie on a single Quantum Atlas will blow
these numbers away.  Are you doing RAID 5?  Even with RAID 5, I would
still expect much better numbers.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations