Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 1996 19:21:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        jmacd@uclink.berkeley.edu, andreas@knobel.gun.de (Andreas Klemm)
Subject:   Re: povray port, X11 display problems "BadMatch (invalid parameter , attributes)"

As Andreas Klemm wrote:

> I have problems with povray. When I use the +D option, a display
> window will be displayed for a short moment and aborts immediately
> without showing a render picture.

> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PutImage)

A BadMatch is a strong indication of an attempt to use an image of the
wrong depth.  Which depth is your X server running at?  Unfortunately,
there are still a lot of poor X clients that either don't work
correctly with TrueColor displays at all, and even more that cannot
cope with 15 bpp / 16 bpp.

--
cheers, J"org